Zones of Treatment
We will now be using our Akasha training studio across the hall for two more treatment rooms.
This allows us to provide 75% of our pre-COVID availability and exceeds the requirements for physical distancing.
The clinic has been divided into 4 treatment zones:
- The front of the clinic: Only one, or on occasion two, therapists will work in the front clinic zone using 1-2 treatment rooms (usually 4 therapists work here). The waiting location for this front clinic zone is in reception in the area by the TV behind the green line, well away from the reception personnel. All chairs and magazines have been removed for safety.
- The back of the clinic: Only one therapist will work in the back clinic zone using 1-2 treatment rooms (usually 3 therapists work here). All equipment in the open gym area has been moved, or stored and this is where the waiting location is for this treatment zone. Please stand close to the windows.
- Akasha training studio across the hall: The sound proof door will be closed dividing the training room into two parts (front and back). One therapist will work in each ½ of the studio. The Pilates equipment will be moved into the front ½ of the Akasha studio. The waiting locations for each ½ of the training studio is in the hall between the clinic and the studio 6 feet from the appropriate entrance door into Akasha – we’ll show you!
Helping prevent the spread of the coronavirus
Frequent hand washing/sanitizing
There is hand sanitizer in reception and every treatment room, which you will be asked to use upon arrival into the clinic. Your therapist will frequently either wash, or sanitize their hands each time they put on, or take off their gloves or mask. Posters outlining proper hand washing procedures are clearly visible at every sink in the clinic (20 seconds, lots of soap and all surfaces of the hands).
If we are not wearing a mask and gloves, we will maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from you, and ask that you do the same for us. Sneeze guards have been added (ugly temporary ones at the moment!) since 6 feet of distance cannot be met here.
Not touching our face
We will also encourage you to not touch your face – this is a tough one, and ask that you feel free to do the same for us!!
Treatment Room Cleaning
Between each patient/client the treatment room will be cleaned as follows:
- Table paper and any paper products used during your session will be disposed in the recycle bin, masks and gloves in the garbage
- Table, bolster, vinyl pillows, stool top, Pilates equipment, vinyl gym equipment will be wiped with a medical grade disinfectant/cleaner Biotext
- Hard surfaces, countertop, door handles, light switches, treatment equipment etc. will be cleaned/disinfected using medical grade Cavicide wipes
- We will not be using fabric toweling, cotton pillow cases, or cloth gowns. All have been replaced with disposable paper products
- All tables, hard surfaces, sneeze guards, door handles, anything touched will be cleaned at least 2 times per day
- Thus the need to hand sanitize every time you touch something in the common area of the clinic