You've had your surgery and your mind tells you it's time to return to your old routines, and maybe some new ones. But your body says, "Not so fast." The truth is, before you can get back to these activities, you'll likely need some rehab to regain your mobility and strength.
Physiotherapy can help you recover and get going through all the stages of rehabilitation from early recovery, rehabilitation to return to activities and sport. Each stage has its own focus depending on the type of surgery you have had and the surgeon’s guidelines, if provided.
What is Involved in Rehab?
Each stage of recovery takes time and effort (some more than others). Keep your ultimate goals in mind as we help you:
- Reduce pain and swelling and address any issues with ambulation at home or managing your activities of daily living (toilets, bathing, sleeping, getting around the house etc.)
- Improve movement and range of motion of the body region that had surgery
- Restore motor control (how the muscles are linked to fire together)
- Strengthen and build endurance with an exercise program targeted to your individual goals
We offer the services below and are currently working on writing up the pages for this website. If you like reading blogs check out this one Diane wrote for Pain Hero on Rehab after Surgery. The Role of Physiotherapy in Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Cancer surgery
- Plastic surgery for Abdominal Wall Repair